Blue screen issue with error codes 0xc0000098 and 0xc0000102

Anonymous
2013-01-20T11:45:51+00:00

Original title: windows 8 error

Hello,

I have installed windows 8 on my desktop computer and it is working perfectly some days ago. but now when i start computer i receive the error with the blue screen in windows 8. Error is

Recovery

You PC couldn't start properly

the application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File :\windows\system32\winload.exe

Error code: 0xc0000098

Below on same page two options were given

Press enter to try again

Press F8 for startup Settings

after clicking anyone of them various option appears but when clicking any option like enable debugging...

Blue screen appears where error:0xc0000102

Again and again this process goes on. I haven't face such a problem before in my life using windows.

One more thing windows setup was also not coming after using both USB and dvd.

kindly do something

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-02-11T21:06:20+00:00

I had the same exact issue... Try inserting the windows 8 installation disc or OEM disc that came with ur pc. this is what worked for me

For Windows 8:

1 – Boot from repair disc > Choose Keyboard type > click Troubleshoot > click Advanced options > choose Automatic Repair

if that fails then use:

2 -Boot from Recovery disc or Install disc

-Boot from repair disc > Chose Keyboard type > click Troubleshoot > click Advanced options > choose Command Prompt

or

-Boot from Install disc > Click Next > click Repair your computer > click Troubleshoot > click Advanced options > choose Command Prompt

type > bootrec /fixmbr press Enter(writes mbr but does not overwrite partition table)

type > bootrec /fixboot press Enter(writes new boot sector to system partition)

type > bootrec /rebuildbcd press Enter(scans for other OS’s, unlike rebuildbcd it allows you to select the OS’s you want to add to bcd)

after you have entered these commands, close the Command Prompt and Reboot your PC

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-19T19:15:16+00:00

    Try to use your Windows 8 Disc that came with the Computer...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T05:36:11+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T04:11:52+00:00

    I have the same issue with my Brand New (JAN 2013) DELL Inspiron ONE 2020 running Windows 8

    "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system"

    Error code 0xc0000098

    I was on the phone with Dell for about 2 hours and they told me that they couldn't do anything unless i Paid them 200$ for tech support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-02T03:17:16+00:00

    I have the same issue.  Brand new (December 2012) Dell 660 desktop with Windows 8.  it simply won't boot up.  I get a blue screen with the message "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system"

    Error code 0xc0000098

    No recent software installations.  On the phone with Dell for an hour.  They had me press F12 multiple times to get to a system check and no hardware issues were found.  They had me change to legacy boot in the boot manager.  Nothing.  Now they are sending me the Windows 8 disks and want me to reinstall but of course that's going to wipe my hard drive and since all my latest files and preferences aren't backed up I don't want to do that.  Help?  It's definitely a Windows problem!!  The suggestions in the previously reply are useless because I don't have Zone Alarm or Symantec installed (not too mention the fact that I can't even get to the Desktop to uninsall them anyway.  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Prove to me that Windows 8 doesn't suck or I will tell everyone I know!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments