DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-09T12:47:10+00:00

    I was not trying to stream to a mobile device.

    Their website forces you to download a plugin from cisco that doesn't work.

    The browser then keeps wanting me to install their app.

    SO i said enough!

    Tried to get the apk for windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-09T12:50:44+00:00

    My same gripe for Android/Kindle.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-09T12:58:19+00:00

    I know and they want you to use a plugin that does not work on my end.

    Ive tried cleaning  the temp folder 

    With run, "%temp%  delete all files manually.

    Disabled AVG firewall.

    At this point Im getting an android player.

    H96pro+ looks good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-13T19:11:54+00:00

    So you posted a reply stating that he shouldn't post something if it is not helpful when all your post contains are things that have nothing to do with answering the op's question. Just stating that you don't like apple.

    Anyway you should just be able to go to direct TV's website on your surface and you can use the in browser player.

    I wish the major problems in my life were about streaming media over a mobile device. 

    People need to take a step back realize how blessed they are and get some freaking perspective.

    On your comment:

    ".....

    I wish the major problems in my life were about streaming media over a mobile device. 

    People need to take a step back realize how blessed they are and get some freaking perspective......"

    My comment:

    ***Really, you have no idea what his life problems are.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-07-16T04:37:26+00:00

    Well it 2017 and there is STILL the same problem...

    DIRECTV PLAYER 12.1.exe DOES NOT work on WINDOWS 8.1RT

    I cannot watch on my tablet (running win8.1rt) NOR my HTC ONE M8, also win8.1...no app...

    I agree with .Jrev2020...I'm really getting sick of the fact that everything is on the Apple devices (which I would never buy) and not on windows devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments