DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-20T19:03:12+00:00

    If you have a full Windows 10 on tablet 💻 you don't need App for DIRECTV. Go online at www.directv.com and signed in and you are ready to watch DIRECTV.

    Partially correct...........

    You can watch some televised shows, but..........

    You do not have access to your DVR like the Apple/Android DTV app!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-20T20:42:04+00:00

    If you have a full Windows 10 on tablet 💻 you don't need App for DIRECTV. Go online at www.directv.com and signed in and you are ready to watch DIRECTV.

    Partially correct...........

    You can watch some televised shows, but..........

    You do not have access to your DVR like the Apple/Android DTV app!

    Correct. Not having an app is no different than going to the site and loggin in with TV credentials to stream a feed.

    What they just did recently dropping GenieGo... there is NO way to access your DVR recordings on a PC now unless you have a droid or apple.  And what they are doing for "TV Everywhere", which is total BS lie IMO, is leave a large user base (PC/Windows users) behind.

    I can watch virtually every channel on my iPhone now. I want the same feature on my Surface Pro 3  using it on my deck, sipping an adult beverage while the sun sets and I watch a recorded episode of my favorite show.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-09-28T00:39:50+00:00

    Exactly! I understand how apps work. They have to be developed for the platform by said company (ATT, Comcast etc) and Microsoft does not develop them but you would think that Microsoft could influence the developement of some of these more useful apps to keep their products competitive. The trend has been a lot of huge apps just are not developed for windows anymore; banking, smart home and television to name a couple. If Microsoft doesn't do something to incentivize more developement for their platform, especially surface, they will fall even further behind in this market.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-09-28T07:56:35+00:00

                 If Microsoft doesn't do something to incentivize more developement for their platform, especially surface, they will fall even further behind in this market.

    And if they do "incentivize" some apps, other app makers will surely NEVER make an app until Microsoft pays them (or incentivize as you would call it). that would really kill the app market altogether.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-20T02:28:55+00:00

    Its incredible there's no Win 10 app for DTV.

    So I' stuck using an old Samsung tablet

    I guess I'm stuck too... just reading every ones post and heart breaking finding out no dtv app on the surface bummers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments