DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-19T17:25:33+00:00

    I have the same issue did they give u a link to an actual like tv remote n not a remote viewing app? Haha wow I guess we obviously won't get help here. I've got a direct tv app on my Nokia windows phone but all it does or shows is different ways to search for tv showsyet I cant watch them or even access my own playlist def gotta fix my iPhone windows sucks

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-20T02:47:34+00:00

    The honest and unbias answer is that AT&T has not developed the the equivalant of those apps for the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 or Windows Mobile. Ait is something the other platforms have that the Windows Platform does not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T23:01:43+00:00

    John Rubdy, the question is how can we find the Direct TV app. That is to watch direct tv from your mobile device, in this case the surface. You first post a remote control app link, that is absolutely useless and has nothing to do with watching direct TV on the surface. Then you post some links like "tvBox" which is a TV app that help you watch Vietnamese TV channels.

    It's great that you want to help but your help has been links that are just a waste of time. Some times it's better not to help if you don't have the answer.

    The question is how to watch Direct TV on our surfaces? 

    I'm really getting sick of the fact that everything is on the Apple devices (which I would never buy) and not on windows devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-05T12:11:56+00:00

    John Rubdy, the question is how can we find the Direct TV app.

    (...)

    The question is how to watch Direct TV on our surfaces? 

    I'm really getting sick of the fact that everything is on the Apple devices (which I would never buy) and not on windows devices.

    The answer is: apps are not made by Microsoft or Apple or Google.

    To get a Direct TV app, you need whatever company that is to make a Windows app for their service.

    nobody else has anything to do with it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-05T15:06:45+00:00

    No is for Surface Pro  the problem is on Windows Phones. Is unavailable on Windows market. For that simple App I use Iphone 6s plus, because on my Nokia Lumia 1520 is not possible that App Directv.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments