DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-13T14:14:57+00:00

    So you posted a reply stating that he shouldn't post something if it is not helpful when all your post contains are things that have nothing to do with answering the op's question. Just stating that you don't like apple.

    Anyway you should just be able to go to direct TV's website on your surface and you can use the in browser player.

    I wish the major problems in my life were about streaming media over a mobile device. 

    People need to take a step back realize how blessed they are and get some freaking perspective.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-02T19:10:00+00:00

    Exactly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-02T19:02:09+00:00

    If you have a full Windows 10 on tablet 💻 you don't need App for DIRECTV. Go online at www.directv.com and signed in and you are ready to watch DIRECTV.

    BUT, you can't watch what is on your DVR (which the new AT&T/DirecTV app states is possible but conveniently omits stating only on select iOS and Android devices). Additionally, you only can stream select content, not anything your receiver picks up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-21T16:36:55+00:00

    This really sucks. I went to an ATT corporate store yesterday to purchase a new Lumia 640XL solely for streaming DTV on. The ATT sales rep very happily sold me the phone while commenting about how nice the 5.7" screen would be for viewing DTV. It now appears ATT also has a serious issue with a lack of training it sales reps with regards to which device is capable of streaming DTV. ATT, you sell phones that are not capable of delivering the content you are currently advertising, that's 100% on you and I will not take it lying down. If a solution can't be found at your (corporate ATT) store today, I will have the new service I ported over from T-Mobile yesterday, ported back. Sorry, but some things in life are quite simply inexcusable. ATT, this is one of those times! Get your buttocks in gear and get a Windows compatible DTV App published, TODAY!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-10-20T02:28:55+00:00

    Its incredible there's no Win 10 app for DTV.

    So I' stuck using an old Samsung tablet

    I guess I'm stuck too... just reading every ones post and heart breaking finding out no dtv app on the surface bummers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments