DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-03T02:39:51+00:00

    This really sucks. I went to an ATT corporate store yesterday to purchase a new Lumia 640XL solely for streaming DTV on. The ATT sales rep very happily sold me the phone while commenting about how nice the 5.7" screen would be for viewing DTV. It now appears ATT also has a serious issue with a lack of training it sales reps with regards to which device is capable of streaming DTV. ATT, you sell phones that are not capable of delivering the content you are currently advertising, that's 100% on you and I will not take it lying down. If a solution can't be found at your (corporate ATT) store today, I will have the new service I ported over from T-Mobile yesterday, ported back. Sorry, but some things in life are quite simply inexcusable. ATT, this is one of those times! Get your buttocks in gear and get a Windows compatible DTV App published, TODAY!!!!

    Did  ATT ever help you, further, with this?  

    I don't know if it's lack of training,or if they're openly lying, just to increase sales.  After all, Wells-Fargo, apparently, made up many bogus accounts.  Why would that be? Maybe it would make them look better for stockholders?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-06-02T05:41:34+00:00

    I said "You can watch your recorded content on supported tablets and phones, none of them Windows"

    I know you can't watch what you have on the DVR from the PC, that's why I  have an Android tablet

    You can watch many shows on demand on your PC, same ones you can watch on demand from the Genie, past episodes.

    It shares on demand content from home when you go to the guide on your PC

    Everything on this page, you can watch full past episodes, whole seasons and search is at the top

    https://www.directv.com/entertainment?lpos=Header:1

    What is available doesn't look very restricted to me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-02T04:11:29+00:00

    If you have DirecTV you can stream any DTV channel that is in your package to your PC or purchase content.

    You have to install their player so you can't use an RT

    Requirements for watching DIRECTV on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Supported on Win 7,8.1 and 10 - also supports MAC

    https://support.directv.com/streaming-dtv/3426

    Most you can watch anywhere, some have to watch at home, I'm looking at the guide

    Stream Live or view your channel guide at the bottom

    https://www.directv.com/entertainment?lpos=Header:1

    You can watch your recorded content on supported tablets and phones, none of them Windows.

    A lot of what is said above is not correct.

    You basically summarize what i said.  On a PC or Mac you can stream live channels and shows. Of course you have to go to their website  You cannot however stream content from the DVR to your PC or Mac because directv has killed any apps that offered the functionality.  Also not everything is streamable.  There are usually incomplete seasons of shows and live streams that they will only let you stream to a dumb device aka "smart phone."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-06-02T04:06:18+00:00

    LOL. No you cant. Frank Allotta has it exactly right. If you are using a pc or any windows device, you cannot stream every channel in your package. period.

    Your experience on an apple or Droid product will be far greater and easier than a windows device. And that sentence is really hard to type coming from a directv and MS windows pc/phone user.

    While you can stream a few more channels on your home network vs external network, its still not the same as apple/Droid and you have no access to your playlist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-06-02T03:46:59+00:00

    If you have DirecTV you can stream any DTV channel that is in your package to your PC or purchase content.

    You have to install their player so you can't use an RT

    Requirements for watching DIRECTV on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Supported on Win 7,8.1 and 10 - also supports MAC

    https://support.directv.com/streaming-dtv/3426

    Most you can watch anywhere, some have to watch at home, I'm looking at the guide

    Stream Live or view your channel guide at the bottom

    https://www.directv.com/entertainment?lpos=Header:1

    You can watch your recorded content on supported tablets and phones, none of them Windows.

    A lot of what is said above is not correct.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments