Thanks for the reply. The app that you had linked I have seen before but is nothing that i would be interested in as I have a perfectly fine remote. If my post was a little confusing I am interested in watching live television via my television provider (DirecTV) on my Surface like i can on other tablets and my Smartphone. Is this genre of apps being developed or are they something Microsoft isnt interested in pursuing like other tablets? Since there are absolutely no other television provider apps available from Brighthouse, comcast etc., I am thinking that the answer is Microsoft is not interested in live tv on their platform.
DirecTv App not available on Windows Store
Original title: DirecTv App
I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2013-09-16T00:00:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-09-15T10:12:03+00:00 You are welcome Hortin. Let us know if you need further assistance on Windows we will be glad to help.
-
Anonymous
2013-09-14T19:11:34+00:00 Not the DirecTV app, but thank you for the suggestion to contact DirecTV about its absence.
-
Anonymous
2013-09-11T12:05:58+00:00 Hi Popa,
There is DIRECTV Remote app available in Windows Store. Open this link from web browser and then click on “View in Windows Store”.
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/directv-remote/fed7045a-e65b-4f09-bbc7-92e586e87d9a#
The third party Windows 8 apps are developed by the respective vendors of the software. If you are not able to find Windows 8 app from store you need to contact their support site for better assistance. Here are some reasons why you might be unable to find or install an app from the Windows Store:
Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store
Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.