DirecTv App not available on Windows Store

Anonymous
2013-09-10T05:54:07+00:00

Original title: DirecTv App

I have a DirecTV account that has an app for my phone and another tablet that I own that allows me to watch and control live TV from both devices. There is no such app for the surface yet and when I go to DirecTV's website to view programming it is not allowed on the surface, it warns that I must use the store but it don't exist on the store. Any hope for TV provider apps for the surface or is this something Microsoft is intentionally stopping? I noticed there is nothing for brighthouse, Comcast, timer warner etc. as well.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-01T13:10:32+00:00

    This is a ridiculous non-answer. The Windows site your link take people to suggests the app could be hidden by "parental controls" or not available in the U.S. Really? No way Windows is working to address their lack of app support. That is exactly why the Surface will always be a niche item for specialty users. It's an incredible shame that Windows doesn't take ownership of the problems associated with their app store. That is exactly why Windows 8 and 10 will eventually be replaced with something else on personal computers.

    They should apologize for wasting our time and money on a poorly conceived product. I do own 4 Windows computers and I have always bought Windows computers since Windows 95 so I'm not abandoning Windows, I feel like Microsoft is abandoning me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-05T13:33:58+00:00

    Its unfortunate but I feel the same way you do but for Android.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-13T14:14:57+00:00

    So you posted a reply stating that he shouldn't post something if it is not helpful when all your post contains are things that have nothing to do with answering the op's question. Just stating that you don't like apple.

    Anyway you should just be able to go to direct TV's website on your surface and you can use the in browser player.

    I wish the major problems in my life were about streaming media over a mobile device. 

    People need to take a step back realize how blessed they are and get some freaking perspective.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-02T19:10:00+00:00

    Exactly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-02T19:02:09+00:00

    If you have a full Windows 10 on tablet 💻 you don't need App for DIRECTV. Go online at www.directv.com and signed in and you are ready to watch DIRECTV.

    BUT, you can't watch what is on your DVR (which the new AT&T/DirecTV app states is possible but conveniently omits stating only on select iOS and Android devices). Additionally, you only can stream select content, not anything your receiver picks up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments