How can you use google play apps on the microsft surface RT?

Anonymous
2013-08-19T17:00:21+00:00

Please let me know if there is a way to use google play apps on a Surface RT.  I am trying to use an app that is only in the apple app store or google play store.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-30T08:42:55+00:00

    I made a $1000 plus mistake.  I hate apps but can't even get any to make this machine useful.  Xbox as a movie platform.  Really??  Can't use standard windows or android items, microsoft screwed up again and I am returning this thing asap.  When will they learn?  After the last windows disaster I suffered through, thinking of porting to a mac.

    you've just bought something for $1000 that hasn't been for sale for almost 1 year and that never cost $1000? and it is NOT a standard windows - that's why it's called Windows RT. it's not supposed to run android apps - it's not an android device.

    go ahead to a mac. oh wait, that's not a tablet, and will also not run android apps. makes sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T13:59:32+00:00

    I made a $1000 plus mistake.  I hate apps but can't even get any to make this machine useful.  Xbox as a movie platform.  Really??  Can't use standard windows or android items, microsoft screwed up again and I am returning this thing asap.  When will they learn?  After the last windows disaster I suffered through, thinking of porting to a mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-01T14:13:02+00:00

    The point is, how can Microsoft say the Surface can replace your laptop, when you cant download ANYTHING except stuff from the Microsoft Store? (Which is very limited might I add) If I have a laptop with Windows on it, I am still able to download stuff like a desktop computer. The Surface is a cool idea, but it CANNOT replace a laptop unless all you do is play games and surf the web. My Nokia Lumia 928 is more useful and even it has issues regarding the EXTREMELY limited store. I understand that it's up to the app developers to make apps available for Windows Tablets/Phones, but Microsoft CAN try to convince/beg them to do so, but they choose not to. So UNLESS the store is expanded soon, I'm getting rid of my Surface and Nokia phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-02-14T15:30:47+00:00

    wardntx <Removed for violation of CoC>.  When I said that it would be in MS best interest to allow their competitors products on their system that is exactly what I meant.  That does not mean that I expect them to do it or that I think it is up to Microsoft to make sure it happens but it sure takes a huge part on their end to allow it to happen. 

    I also agree that Chrome Book needs to allow MS or Apple apps into their Chrome or Android App store.  The thing is though that they do.   Developers have their apps on all platforms and it would be in the designers best interest such as MS to makes apps like words for Android and sell them.  They would make a killing.

    P.S. if you are going to cuss leave the forums.  It helps no one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-02-14T09:58:22+00:00

    I would definitely think that the product would sell more if they connect it to 'Google play' due to minimum apps. Recently my cousin had a choice to get an iPad or surface Rt for her birthday, but she choose the iPad because she said 'she wouldn't enjoy it as much without the apps that she likes'. So I got the surface Rt for my birthday but I'm kind of regretting it due to the boring app store.

    I would like Microsoft to put in concern to improve there product and many more people would actually buy the surface Rt

    :

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments