How can you use google play apps on the microsft surface RT?

Anonymous
2013-08-19T17:00:21+00:00

Please let me know if there is a way to use google play apps on a Surface RT.  I am trying to use an app that is only in the apple app store or google play store.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T01:50:35+00:00

    Jeffery Roach, no one is expecting to use Android apps on Windows.  We are expecting to uses windows programs from Google on Windows.

    But the OP was asking about Google Play Apps, which is for Android. What you are asking for is up to Google to create, not Microsoft. Google can build Apps for RT if they chose to do so just as Microsoft has created apps for Android, they have chose not to do so....

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-28T20:00:23+00:00

    or just use one of the many apps for youtube available in the store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T14:19:31+00:00

    John, I do not get paid by Microsoft, I just use the Surface 2 and Pro 2 everyday as my computing platform. I use my Surface 2 much more than my Pro 2.

    I just don't understand why people believe it Microsoft's responsibility for Google Apps to run on its product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-26T17:10:21+00:00

    Please let me know if there is a way to use google play apps on a Surface RT.  I am trying to use an app that is only in the apple app store or google play store.  Thanks

    I can't even use google chrome, google drive or EDMODO website on the Microsoft Surface. did anyone was able to make this thing work ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-11T02:18:54+00:00

    Jeffery, you sound like you get paid by Microsoft keep up the good work maybe you will get yourself some free stuff.. Chris, your right on target and made it very simple for most people to understand..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments