These are related to your athw8x.sys (atheros wifi driver) and a incomplete install of Avira. I would re-install the newest driver and remove Avira and use the built in Defender
Error : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys)
A few minutes ago an error began to occur. this is the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys). I need some help ASAP. By the way, i copied the contents of minidump and the MSinfo32....
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!167&authkey=!APOk5UklE9zq7Bw
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!176&authkey=!ADsSgtxReSDUN54 . Please, what can i do to avoid this error? .... Thank u
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-04-14T19:03:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-04-14T19:10:14+00:00 In your case these are related to your athw8x.sys (atheros wifi driver) and Symantec. I would re-install the newest driver available and remove Symantec and use the built in Defender.Old drivers needing updating
tosrfec.sys 7/12/2011 7:05:25 AM
Ironx64.SYS 5/23/2012 1:14:39 PM
athw8x.sys 6/14/2012 5:41:08 AM
tos_sps64.sys 6/17/2012 9:21:30 PM
CHDRT64.sys 6/26/2012 10:08:29 PM
HECIx64.sys 7/2/2012 6:14:58 PM
L1C63x64.sys 7/6/2012 1:38:21 AM
AtihdW86.sys 7/17/2012 3:34:09 AM
How To Find Drivers:
****- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program
The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php
-
- Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org
How To Find Drivers:
****- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program
The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php
-
- Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org
-
Anonymous
2013-04-15T12:35:54+00:00 Hello,
I got exactly the same problem "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_(athw8x.sys)"
with my brand new TOSHIBA SATELLITE L855 win8
I went back to the shop to change the same laptop but still got the same problem!
If I cant fix it on my own I will have to buy an another brand and model
Here is my skydrive file:
Please help , Thanks
-
Anonymous
2013-04-16T02:16:20+00:00 Might be better if everyone started their own thread. It is getting far to confusing at this point.
-
Anonymous
2013-04-22T12:46:16+00:00 Hi, I created my own post! Here it is.
Can you help me?