Error : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys)

Anonymous
2013-01-16T21:35:08+00:00

A few minutes ago an error began to occur. this is the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys). I need some help ASAP. By the way, i copied the contents of minidump and the MSinfo32....  

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!167&authkey=!APOk5UklE9zq7Bw

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!176&authkey=!ADsSgtxReSDUN54     . Please, what can i do to avoid this error? .... Thank u

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-12T21:06:28+00:00

    Ashleigh

    Happy to upload the DMP files as indicated in my first post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-31T20:17:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I am having the same issues. I am experiencing random BSOD's with the

    Error : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys). I have an Asus S400CA notebook that I recently bought. It came with Windows 8, but I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro, as I have a license from MSDNAA. I also have the latest Atheros Wireless driver from the Asus site. It is an Atheros AR9845WB-EG device and I searched for it on google, but haven't found a newer driver.

    The with the dump files from the latest restarts because of BSOD's and the nfo file are located here:

    https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=68C7A01586F88A36&id=68C7A01586F88A36%21108

    Thanks for the help,

    Alex

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-31T20:44:06+00:00

    These 4 were related to your atheros driver.  I would re-install newest driver available.

    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm

    Other old drivers needing updating

    ASMMAP64.sys    7/2/2009 5:13:26 AM      

    ANDROIDUSB.sys    10/26/2009 4:54:23 AM      

    atkwmiacpi64.sys    9/6/2011 9:44:52 PM      

    vmm.sys    12/28/2011 9:28:47 AM       

    excsd.sys    3/30/2012 3:52:41 PM       

    excfs.sys    3/30/2012 3:53:05 PM       

    AsHIDSwitch64.sys    5/30/2012 10:38:32 PM      

    How To Find Drivers:

    • search Google for the name of the driver
    • compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
    • visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
    • if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program

    The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference

    http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.php

    http://sysnative.com/drivers/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-12T15:03:22+00:00

    Hey there, have the same problem, error screen ( blue screen, sometimes even that badly that i can only see a blue background and some curly white stripes coming up, but then i can't see the note->) with the note DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (athw8x.sys) with my Toshiba notebook. Resettet the notebook 3 times by now and send it in to Toshiba but they said they couldn't find any hardware problems. Got the newest drivers (as far as Toshiba Tempro tells me and I didn't search for anything wrong).

    Hope you can help me! :/

    https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=F038B5CA74653D15&id=F038B5CA74653D15!105

    here the minidumps & and stuff!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-14T07:14:50+00:00

    Hi there, I am also having the same problem "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_(athw8x.sys)" for my newly bought win8 TOSHIBA L840. 

    It kept restarting the machine automatically. What can I do to solve the problem?

    Here are my skydrive file:

    http://sdrv.ms/177x1Lf

    Please help me...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments