Error : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys)

Anonymous
2013-01-16T21:35:08+00:00

A few minutes ago an error began to occur. this is the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys). I need some help ASAP. By the way, i copied the contents of minidump and the MSinfo32....  

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!167&authkey=!APOk5UklE9zq7Bw

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!176&authkey=!ADsSgtxReSDUN54     . Please, what can i do to avoid this error? .... Thank u

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-31T20:17:29+00:00

    Hi,

    I am having the same issues. I am experiencing random BSOD's with the

    Error : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys). I have an Asus S400CA notebook that I recently bought. It came with Windows 8, but I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro, as I have a license from MSDNAA. I also have the latest Atheros Wireless driver from the Asus site. It is an Atheros AR9845WB-EG device and I searched for it on google, but haven't found a newer driver.

    The with the dump files from the latest restarts because of BSOD's and the nfo file are located here:

    https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=68C7A01586F88A36&id=68C7A01586F88A36%21108

    Thanks for the help,

    Alex

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-12T21:06:28+00:00

    Ashleigh

    Happy to upload the DMP files as indicated in my first post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-12T07:57:12+00:00

    I have had the same issue with a brand new (week old) Toshiba L850. Could you possibly help me out with this error. Sometimes I can't even do a thing because a soon as it reboots, it does the same thing straight away. Helppp please...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T13:53:20+00:00

    Thanks for the recommendations and looking at my information. That hurts as I actually just purchased another year of subscription from Norton (Norton Internet Security). If I continue with Norton, to avoid wasting that money, will doing that hurt my PC over time?

    Also, the 30 day trial of NIS came with the computer and I just renewed. As I recall, the problem started before I renewed the subscription. Is it possible that it came from the factory with this problem?

    Lastly, you mentioned that the atheros driver update isn't the newest one ("yours from a year ago"), what did you mean by that? I only purchased the laptop with issues in January 2013. I'm sorry for my confusion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T02:22:15+00:00

    DqueenYou may have updated the atheros driver but it certainly isnt the newest one.  Yours from a year ago.

    Other issues as requested areYour Symantec..  A known cause of BSOD's

    Remove and use the built in Defender

    Symantec  is a frequent cause of BSOD's.


    I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

    http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

    For Norton 360 use this http://symantec.pcperformancetools.com/norton-360-how-to-uninstall.html

    http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments