Error : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys)

Anonymous
2013-01-16T21:35:08+00:00

A few minutes ago an error began to occur. this is the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys). I need some help ASAP. By the way, i copied the contents of minidump and the MSinfo32....  

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!167&authkey=!APOk5UklE9zq7Bw

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A01CF95B29BA05BF!176&authkey=!ADsSgtxReSDUN54     . Please, what can i do to avoid this error? .... Thank u

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-12T07:57:12+00:00

    I have had the same issue with a brand new (week old) Toshiba L850. Could you possibly help me out with this error. Sometimes I can't even do a thing because a soon as it reboots, it does the same thing straight away. Helppp please...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T13:53:20+00:00

    Thanks for the recommendations and looking at my information. That hurts as I actually just purchased another year of subscription from Norton (Norton Internet Security). If I continue with Norton, to avoid wasting that money, will doing that hurt my PC over time?

    Also, the 30 day trial of NIS came with the computer and I just renewed. As I recall, the problem started before I renewed the subscription. Is it possible that it came from the factory with this problem?

    Lastly, you mentioned that the atheros driver update isn't the newest one ("yours from a year ago"), what did you mean by that? I only purchased the laptop with issues in January 2013. I'm sorry for my confusion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T02:22:15+00:00

    DqueenYou may have updated the atheros driver but it certainly isnt the newest one.  Yours from a year ago.

    Other issues as requested areYour Symantec..  A known cause of BSOD's

    Remove and use the built in Defender

    Symantec  is a frequent cause of BSOD's.


    I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

    http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN

    For Norton 360 use this http://symantec.pcperformancetools.com/norton-360-how-to-uninstall.html

    http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-11T01:43:59+00:00

    Well I'm having the same problem as well. I have followed several posts regarding this issue and have updated the Atheros driver as instructed but would still like to know if there are other issues that might be causing this (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(athw8x.sys)). Below is a my skydrive file:

    http://sdrv.ms/XBBOny

    Please help. Like everyone else this is a young computer (2 months) and hate to see further issues out of it. Thanks in advance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-09T15:08:15+00:00

    AF123

    Your problem may be similar but the only way to tell is to upload the DMPS for us to look at

    We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

    You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)aTo enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

    The procedure:

    * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.* Zip up the copy.* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button. (if available on  your site, MS doesnt have this) *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

    Link for how to  upload below.http://www.wikihow.com/Use-SkyDrive

    To ensure minidumps are enabled:

    * Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.

    * Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.

    * Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.

    * Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).

    * Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.

    * OK your way out.

    * Reboot if changes have been made.

    Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS(Instructions for XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)

    System specs are often useful so include whatever you know

    Team Zigzag3143.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments