where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-30T19:16:26+00:00

    OMG What a nightmare! Tried for hours to follow all the previous advice. No luck. None of the directories showed for me. Microsoft Photos searched forever and found nothing. I had already uploaded all the photos on my Nexus to Google Drive but nothing showed. Connected my phone with Bluetooth and paired fine but was not showing in connected devices in Explorer. Finally found your post and managed to do the receive a file successfully. Very time consuming doing one photo at a time but at least they are now on my computer. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-17T17:57:38+00:00

    Where I can found the files which I transferred from my mobile to my lap top via blue tooth?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T21:22:43+00:00

    Thanks for the info. I had forgotten the save choice at end of transfer. I was trasfering a large set of files and wanted to start using the files that had transfered early in the que. Couldn't find them but this info you provided helped. I then looked in my Temp ( %temp% ) folder and found what I was after. The files being stored unit the whole que had finished. The files were in TEMP"RandomString". Just look for folder date and time to when transfer began. Thanks for the prompt :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-08T06:59:10+00:00

    They way I got it to work was to right clock the bluetooth icon on my computer and clicked 'Receive a File'. A window opened up and when I sent data from my phone it showed the progress bar in that window. Then it prompted me for a save location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-12-08T11:21:38+00:00

    Yep. I see it doing that now. I'm not completely sure, but i don't think that used to happen every time before. I think it just closed automatically after the transfer and i was left clueless as to where to which folder to find it in. Anyhow. Seems sorted now. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments