where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-29T15:24:19+00:00

    Bit late in the day but may help someone as I had this same issue on Windows 8. Seemingly there is no default folder for all Bluetooth downloads like there was in previous versions. What's more, I have found that the generic Windows 8 Bluetooth driver can act differently when a set of Bluetooth transfers have completed, for some bizarre reason.

    i) Sometimes is offers the chance to save the files to a location of your choice once the files complete: In this case, it defaults to the profile's Documents path but can be changed. So do check in the Documents folder in the first instance if you didn't specify a location yourself.

    ii) If you are *not* offered a "Save as..." prompt when the transfer completes: The downloads are usually within a temporary subfolder inside **C:\Users*<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp*. So either search this folder for recent files, or order the subfolders by date descending and hopefully you'll find the one containing your photos.

    I wouldn't be surprised if other Bluetooth drivers do different things, but these points above are worth a try. Either way, I don't really see why they couldn't just add a customisable path to the settings and remove any confusion in the first place.

    Regards,

    Lloyd

    Mine were actually in a SUB FOLDER within the TEMPS FOLDER... but this got me close enough to find them!!! Thanks...   :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-13T17:47:26+00:00

    That looks great and thanks for sharing, but I don't get that dialog.  I did on 8.1 with the same hardware.  It's another feature changed for the worse in window 10.  I simply can't figure out why they've removed so many working utility features, it's amazing and stupid.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T14:29:40+00:00

    WINDOWS 10 save in :

    C:\Users[[Username]]\AppData\Local\Temp[[folder with stupid name]]

    search under above path for your files

    Bye

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-25T23:14:19+00:00

    I could send from PC but not receive from Phone. My Solution :

    right click bluetooth icon on task bar

    open settings

    choose com ports tab

    if nothing listed on the coms tab table click 'add'

    choose incoming (device initiates connection)

    If your phone has already been paired it should show in the list. choose to add it and try sending a test image from your phone.

    good luck !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-04-02T15:09:02+00:00

    It worked .THANKS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments