where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-25T00:14:36+00:00

    This is a totally bogus, and worthless answer.  The question had to do with bluetooth files, and the mechanical answer just said how to do a search.  The search turns up nothing relevant, by the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T04:08:03+00:00

    Bit late in the day but may help someone as I had this same issue on Windows 8. Seemingly there is no default folder for all Bluetooth downloads like there was in previous versions. What's more, I have found that the generic Windows 8 Bluetooth driver can act differently when a set of Bluetooth transfers have completed, for some bizarre reason.

    i) Sometimes is offers the chance to save the files to a location of your choice once the files complete: In this case, it defaults to the profile's Documents path but can be changed. So do check in the Documents folder in the first instance if you didn't specify a location yourself.

    ii) If you are *not* offered a "Save as..." prompt when the transfer completes: The downloads are usually within a temporary subfolder inside **C:\Users*<profile>\AppData\Local\Temp*. So either search this folder for recent files, or order the subfolders by date descending and hopefully you'll find the one containing your photos.

    I wouldn't be surprised if other Bluetooth drivers do different things, but these points above are worth a try. Either way, I don't really see why they couldn't just add a customisable path to the settings and remove any confusion in the first place.

    Regards,

    Lloyd

    Man, your help save me, kudos. Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-06T17:52:43+00:00

    Thanks for sharing.  That was easy!  

    In my case the AppData folder was not displayed from my C:\Users*<profile name>folder.* If this is the case, type AppData manually into the file explorer address bar and then select local and temp from there. 

    I found my uploaded pictures in folder: C:\Users*<profile name>*\AppData\Local\Temp\FSQ_00363.31

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-07T12:37:41+00:00

    I still cant find files in phone storage. Its only in sd card. What can i do? If thats files trap in phone storage

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-08T18:57:25+00:00

    I transferred several pics from my phone to the computer. I run Windows 10.

    At the end of the transfer, I received the following notification. Hence, there is no default folder per se. I created the Bluetooth folder and send all files received via bluetooth to that folder.

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments