where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-27T06:31:37+00:00

    For Windows 10

    1. Get ready to send file from other device e.g. handphone
    2. On Win10, right-click Bluetooth icon on toolbar (far right hand side) and select "Receive a File", a window will pop-up
    3. Send the file from your device, you will see the process on the screen.
    4. When file has been received, change the location for storing the file (see image below).  It will save the file there, and will remain on the next download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-13T09:20:58+00:00

    I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

    BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

    Please advise.

    Thanks

    OK so I downloaded the file from bluetooth and I searched for it, I found it out in my Documents folder. Check your Documents folder, you might find it there without having any parent folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-04T16:56:38+00:00

    PritSka,

    Your post:

    That has to be most USELESS and UNHELPFUL answer I've ever received on any forum!

    Thank you.  Thought it was just me.....

    My image files ended up here:

    C:\Users\MYLANID\PICTURES

    But keep in mind this is a Windows 7 64bit system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-03T23:26:19+00:00

    This is right. But the AppData is hidden unless you type it in or set Explorer to show hidden folders. This has to be the stupidest thing I ever saw - you transfer files and they hide them and even assign the folder a made-up random name. Then the MS guys don't even know this. MS programmers are overpaid morons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-15T16:15:55+00:00

    Yeah - MS help is pretty clueless.  Use the Google search engine (you did avoid installing Bing when Windows 10 was forced upon you, right?) to find more helpful answers.

    Here's what I found about getting Bluetooth files in Win10 (and was able to get my Bluetooth file):

    • Click on the ^ at the bottom right and select the Bluetooth icon
    • Click 'Add a Bluetooth device' to add your phone or whatnot
    • Click 'Receive a file'

    Clue to MS help - provide the answer, not a link to the answer.  You're most welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments