OMG What a nightmare! Tried for hours to follow all the previous advice. No luck. None of the directories showed for me. Microsoft Photos searched forever and found nothing. I had already uploaded all the photos on my Nexus to Google Drive but nothing showed. Connected my phone with Bluetooth and paired fine but was not showing in connected devices in Explorer. Finally found your post and managed to do the receive a file successfully. Very time consuming doing one photo at a time but at least they are now on my computer. Thank you!
where are bluetooth files????
I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.
BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.
Please advise.
Thanks
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-09-30T19:16:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-09-21T04:30:02+00:00 i want to access my file
-
Anonymous
2017-09-19T17:22:23+00:00 I absolutely agree, it is absurd that i have to imagine were my files are going as it is absurd that they can not go directly from a temp file, to a place like documents/bluetooth files/ or ask for the place or something like that.
This is not what I expected from the very intelligent people in Microsoft. please fix it. I dont want to guess where my files are going
-
Anonymous
2017-09-17T19:18:11+00:00 Hi Pritska,
I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.
I would suggest you to search for the Bluetooth transferred file by using the file name.
How to search
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-apps-files-settings
Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.
This is not just frustrating and it's not just 'not working as expected' it's stupid, unintuitive and yet another reason why many people find windows 10 a failure in terms of an evolution from windows 7. It's just unacceptable that you have to know the file name of a picture you haven't even named. Stop it and fix this now.
-
Anonymous
2017-04-01T23:04:25+00:00 Hi....what if a user send a couple of files like over 20 will he/she start searching one after the other? indeed thats tiresome.......................