where are bluetooth files????

Anonymous
2012-12-14T09:42:10+00:00

I managed to send files from my phone via bluetooth.

BUT.... where are these files stored??? In previous windows versions there was a Bluetooth Exchange Folder, but no such obvious place in Windows 8.

Please advise.

Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-08T18:57:25+00:00

    I transferred several pics from my phone to the computer. I run Windows 10.

    At the end of the transfer, I received the following notification. Hence, there is no default folder per se. I created the Bluetooth folder and send all files received via bluetooth to that folder.

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-25T00:14:36+00:00

    This is a totally bogus, and worthless answer.  The question had to do with bluetooth files, and the mechanical answer just said how to do a search.  The search turns up nothing relevant, by the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-17T19:18:11+00:00

    Hi  Pritska,

    I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.

    I would suggest you to search for the Bluetooth transferred file by using the file name.

    How to search

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/search-apps-files-settings

    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

    This is not just frustrating and it's not just 'not working as expected' it's stupid, unintuitive and yet another reason why many people find windows 10 a failure in terms of an evolution from windows 7. It's just unacceptable that you have to know the file name of a picture you haven't even named. Stop it and fix this now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-03T23:26:19+00:00

    This is right. But the AppData is hidden unless you type it in or set Explorer to show hidden folders. This has to be the stupidest thing I ever saw - you transfer files and they hide them and even assign the folder a made-up random name. Then the MS guys don't even know this. MS programmers are overpaid morons.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-03-25T23:14:19+00:00

    I could send from PC but not receive from Phone. My Solution :

    right click bluetooth icon on task bar

    open settings

    choose com ports tab

    if nothing listed on the coms tab table click 'add'

    choose incoming (device initiates connection)

    If your phone has already been paired it should show in the list. choose to add it and try sending a test image from your phone.

    good luck !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments