Hi Javier. Please tell me, alfter changing the HDD did the problem desapear? I am having the same problem you described with my Dell Inspiron and I also tried everything about system configuration, but the problem persists . Running the app HDD Scan I realized a lot of HDD sectors have more than 50ms response time, some of them more than 1000ms!!! I think that the MS operational system have degraded my HDD with this procedure of over accessing it, but right now the problem is localized on the HDD. In other words, now is more a hardware problem than a software problem. Any way, changing the HDD of your machine did solve the problem? Thank you.
Windows 8 using 100% of HDD with high average response times and low read/write speed
Hi There,
Since I upgraded to Windows 8 (in January), I have intermittently experienced freezes, and general performance dips. Upon investigating I found that when this occurred, my Hard Drive was showing as 100% Active Time, with a low Read and Write Speed (could be as low as 10 KB/s or as high as 40MB/s) and an Average Response time well into the 1000's (ms).
This is an example https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23428568/100%25%20HDD.png.
The same thing happens on all the Hard Drives when they're in use. Since it originally started happening, it has only become worse and more frequent. I had thought it may have been a heat problem, but it never gets above 40-50c on the HDD.
All in all.. i'm very confused and really looking for any help you can provide because it's really affecting my daily usage...
Computer Model - Alienware M15X Laptop
OS - Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Thanks in advance :)
Oliver
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-04-13T14:21:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-08-09T20:11:05+00:00 I think it is only with alein wares because i am haveing the same problem and i have the same aleinware
-
Anonymous
2016-01-29T12:53:05+00:00 Thank you very much!
-
Anonymous
2015-12-04T21:41:41+00:00 For me on Windows 10 turning off Cortana did the trick.
-
Anonymous
2015-11-03T06:40:13+00:00 Disabling superfetch was like magic on my windows 10 system with a western digital hard drive. Barely functioned. Turned off superfetch and all was well.