secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help

Anonymous
2013-01-29T13:20:13+00:00

Hi,

Just wanna know how to fix this problem. My laptop is Asus A55VD

"Secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" and then it say press ok to enter setup....after enter, my brother accidently press to change the boost system and then it appear a lot of word that need CD or whatever. Now i've no idea how to get it fix, not even the setup i can reach.

This Secure boot violation happened after i've upgrading the windows which usually the window update pop up automatically for updating.

There's one important things is i haven't create a recovery disc....

Please help & thks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-07T23:59:45+00:00

    Hello :)

    I had a similar problem, what I did to fix it was:

    1. After pressing "ok to enter setup" go to Boot tab and where it says "Launch CSM" press enter and enable it.
    2. On the Security tab, select "Secure Boot Control" (it appears on the buttom) and disable it.

    Hope it helps

    I found this helpeful as well while converting a Windows 8 machine into an ESXi server for training; thanks.

    Jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-13T14:35:10+00:00

    It sure helped me, thanks. I have the ASUS N56DP NoteBook & was running into same problem because I was going from Win8 back to Win7. Your suggestion of 'Disabling' my "Secure Boot Control" which is located in my BIOS under 'Security' Tab. Again, thanks for your input.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-09T23:51:05+00:00

    hi,

    Today i bought free dos laptop ( MSI GP 60 ) and i was wanna win 8 64 and 32 bit intallieren from usb driver but i have seen alwas this

    secure boot violation - invalid signature detected

    but when i make it ;

    1. After pressing "ok to enter setup" go to Boot tab and where it says "Launch CSM" press enter and enable it.
    2. On the Security tab, select "Secure Boot Control" (it appears on the buttom) and disable it.

    i seen bios error and restart my laptop

    what should i do ? pls help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T13:08:39+00:00

    Thanks, this also solved my problem.  Now is this a temporary thing that I can re-enable later or am I forever stuck leaving off secure boot now?  I take my PC security seriously and would like to be as secure as possible.

    Thanks,

    Damon Achey

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T18:33:38+00:00

    Same thing just happened to me.  I have a Dell Venue 8.1 Pro - windows updates complete, but did a Chipset update and now I'm getting the Secure Booth Violation. I managed to turn it off and reboot the tablet and had to use the BitLocker recovery key.  

    I got the tablet restarted after that and re-did the Chipset install to make sure it was successful then went back into the BIOS and enabled the Secure Boot option only to be faced with the same Secure Boot Violation message. Back into the BIOS turned off Secure boot and then was faced with the BitLocker key setup again. 

    I tried uninstalling the updates, but that action failed.  Machine said it encountered an error and was unable to restore. That's the second machine I've seen the restore point error in this month.

    Sooo, is it a windows update that caused it, or is there something else going on?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments