secure boot violation - invalid signature detected help

Anonymous
2013-01-29T13:20:13+00:00

Hi,

Just wanna know how to fix this problem. My laptop is Asus A55VD

"Secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" and then it say press ok to enter setup....after enter, my brother accidently press to change the boost system and then it appear a lot of word that need CD or whatever. Now i've no idea how to get it fix, not even the setup i can reach.

This Secure boot violation happened after i've upgrading the windows which usually the window update pop up automatically for updating.

There's one important things is i haven't create a recovery disc....

Please help & thks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-24T19:59:47+00:00

    I have found that was causes this issue after an update is that the BIOS loses its link to the boot image.

    I fixed it on my computer by removing "Windows Boot Manager" as an option in the BIOS and adding a new link to the harddrive and the image in the /boot directory. This will look a bit different depending on your computer but I hope this makes enough sense for you to find it on your computer.

    -L3FOS

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-07T21:32:08+00:00

    I fixed it by going into my bios and turning off secure boot. Go in to your bios go to boot find secure boot change os type to other os and unload the platform keys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-10T20:58:32+00:00

    also affected by the same issue.

    Any news regarding when this will be solved???

    No official answers???

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-21T13:08:39+00:00

    Thanks, this also solved my problem.  Now is this a temporary thing that I can re-enable later or am I forever stuck leaving off secure boot now?  I take my PC security seriously and would like to be as secure as possible.

    Thanks,

    Damon Achey

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-08-07T23:59:45+00:00

    Hello :)

    I had a similar problem, what I did to fix it was:

    1. After pressing "ok to enter setup" go to Boot tab and where it says "Launch CSM" press enter and enable it.
    2. On the Security tab, select "Secure Boot Control" (it appears on the buttom) and disable it.

    Hope it helps

    I found this helpeful as well while converting a Windows 8 machine into an ESXi server for training; thanks.

    Jay

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments