KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T02:40:49+00:00

    The error code for the new BSOD I have been getting is Stop: 0x0F4. It will happen randomly when I use my computer, everything will freeze first then it will go to the BSOD. I also booted up in safe mode once with command prompt and it happened there aswell. I reseated the drives and will see if that works. The memory dump for each of these BSOD's have failed aswell so I can't find the dmp files. I'm not even sure which BSOD the dmp files I provided above was from.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T16:20:16+00:00

    What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

    Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your Sky Drive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

    Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

    To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T18:35:07+00:00

    My computer is an Asus G73Jh. These are my drivers, http://sdrv.ms/16CaY5z. My system logs, http://sdrv.ms/16CbDUx. My application logs, http://sdrv.ms/16CbJeS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T18:36:09+00:00

    Freezes are getting more constant with my computer. Everything will just freeze and sometimes the audio gets stuck in a continuous loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T22:19:52+00:00

    Update Atheros LAN Driver to version 1.0.0.29 (LAN Section)

    Update ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities to version 1.0.0005(Utilities section)

    http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=252&m=G73Jh&os=30&hashedid=8je5Ot4HBnKOdT81

    Download the driver and copy it to a folder on your desktop. Write down the path to the folder. If the driver has been zipped you will need to right click on the file and extract to your folder.

    Next type Device Manager in the Search box above the Start button and press ENTER. Locate and right click on the device and select Properties. Click on the Driver tab and the Update Driver button. Click on “Browse my computer for driver” and click the Browse button. Type in the Search box the file path to your folder and click on Next. The system should find the driver in your folder and update. If it does not find the driver recheck that the driver is not zipped.

    [Problem Devices]

    Device PNP Device ID Error Code       

    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter        {5D624F94-8850-40C3-A3FA-A4FD2080BAF3}\VWIFIMP\5&364D5ECF&0&01        This device is disabled.

    Type Device Manager in the Search box above the Start button and press ENTER. Locate and right click on the device and click on Uninstall in the drop down list. Restart your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments