Hi, I am getting the 0x07a, but its not when I resume my computer from hibernation. It will randomly occur when I am using my machine.
KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.
Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help
Original title: Update Problems
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2013-09-27T04:33:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-09-28T05:09:22+00:00 Hi,
This issue may occur due to issues with hard disk.
What is the complete error message?
I see that you have replaced the hard disk. However let's run check disk to make sure there are no bad sectors on the hard disk.
Refer to the link: Check your hard disk for errors
Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.
Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.
-
Anonymous
2013-09-28T07:48:53+00:00 Please post a copy of your dumpfile as shared file to your Sky Drive with a link here.
The dumpfile will be created at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the file. To show hidden files type Folder Options in the search box above the Start button and select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.
What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?
Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your Sky Drive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. The request for a copy of this file is additional to answering the question about make and model.
For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm
General notes on Understanding and Eliminating System Errors:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/syserrors1.htm
Bug Check Code: 0x7A:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx
-
Anonymous
2013-09-28T19:11:40+00:00 Hello,
These our my system specs, http://sdrv.ms/1fQXfch. This is the dmp file, http://sdrv.ms/18zxsQz. That one is not from the most recent BSOD I had with the kernel_inpage error ox7a since all the other times the memory dump failed. Recently though I have not been getting this error but instead sometimes when I boot up my windows hard drive will just disappear. It will not show up in BIOS and the only way to get my computer to recognize it is taking out the other drive which is the WD Blue 1 tb one. Is there anyway for it to conflict with my window drive? I just recently got a freeze where everything froze and the audio was stuck in a continuous loop. Another time Windows Explorer crashed on me and sometimes my drive will make a whirring noise before freezing for a second when doing stuff on my computer. The kernel_inpage error and short freezes after the noise was prevalent in the first HDD I ordered aswell so I ordered a replacement, but it is still present in this one too it seems. I ran disc check on both drives aswell and no bad sectors.
-
Anonymous
2013-09-28T19:53:36+00:00 I have also been getting another BSOD with an error that a crucial program or thread to Windows was terminated