KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-28T05:09:22+00:00

    Hi,

    This issue may occur due to issues with hard disk.

    What is the complete error message?

    I see that you have replaced the hard disk. However let's run check disk to make sure there are no bad sectors on the hard disk.

    Refer to the link: Check your hard disk for errors

    Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-27T04:33:37+00:00

    Hi, I am getting the 0x07a, but its not when I resume my computer from hibernation. It will randomly occur when I am using my machine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T16:40:35+00:00

    Hi,

    1. What is the exact issue you are facing?
    2. Do you get any error message when the issue occurs?
    3. If you are facing issues installing Windows Update then what is the update description (KB number)?

    Hotfix gives the error "This update is not applicable to your machine" could be because the issue symptom is different from what is described in the article. Hotfixes are made to address a specific situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T00:57:42+00:00

    Hello Sathish, I have tried running Windows Update Troubleshooter twice but still the problem persist. I still cannot install the hotfix, it is the x64 based version for my machine aswell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-24T16:24:49+00:00

    Hello Nyaoms,

    I would suggest you to run Windows Update troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue with installing Updates.

    Refer to the article “***Troubleshoot problems with installing updates in Windows 7***” to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

    I hope this helps you to fix the issue. If the issue persists or you have any other issues with Windows, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments