KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T16:20:16+00:00

    What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

    Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your Sky Drive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

    Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

    To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T02:40:49+00:00

    The error code for the new BSOD I have been getting is Stop: 0x0F4. It will happen randomly when I use my computer, everything will freeze first then it will go to the BSOD. I also booted up in safe mode once with command prompt and it happened there aswell. I reseated the drives and will see if that works. The memory dump for each of these BSOD's have failed aswell so I can't find the dmp files. I'm not even sure which BSOD the dmp files I provided above was from.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-28T19:53:36+00:00

    I have also been getting another BSOD with an error that a crucial program or thread to Windows was terminated

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-28T19:11:40+00:00

    Hello,

    These our my system specs, http://sdrv.ms/1fQXfch. This is the dmp file, http://sdrv.ms/18zxsQz. That one is not from the most recent BSOD I had with the kernel_inpage error ox7a since all the other times the memory dump failed. Recently though I have not been getting this error but instead sometimes when I boot up my windows hard drive will just disappear. It will not show up in BIOS and the only way to get my computer to recognize it is taking out the other drive which is the WD Blue 1 tb one. Is there anyway for it to conflict with my window drive? I just recently got a freeze where everything froze and the audio was stuck in a continuous loop. Another time Windows Explorer crashed on me and sometimes my drive will make a whirring noise before freezing for a second when doing stuff on my computer. The kernel_inpage error and short freezes after the noise was prevalent in the first HDD I ordered aswell so I ordered a replacement, but it is still present in this one too it seems. I ran disc check on both drives aswell and no bad sectors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-28T07:48:53+00:00

    Please post a copy of your dumpfile as shared file to your Sky Drive with a link here.

    The dumpfile will be created at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the file. To show hidden files type Folder Options in the search box above the Start button and select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

    What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

    Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your Sky Drive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

    Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. The request for a copy of this file is additional to answering the question about make and model.

    For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:

    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

    General notes on Understanding and Eliminating System Errors:

    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/syserrors1.htm

    Bug Check Code: 0x7A:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments