KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-02T06:47:32+00:00

    I have updated the drivers and disabled the one that was needed to be, but just today I experienced another BSOD with the Stop: 0x0F4 error. Seems like certain programs on my taskbar will exit out randomly aswell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-30T00:54:19+00:00

    Thankyou, I shall give it a try. I recieved another BSOD with the Stop: 0x0F4 error today, but before that a dialog box popped up saying WerFault.exe- Application Error saying the memory could not be written or something along those lines. I did not have enough time to write down the error, but I have disabled the program to see it would help. Directly after when I booted up my machine again and left it there it froze while I was away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T22:19:52+00:00

    Update Atheros LAN Driver to version 1.0.0.29 (LAN Section)

    Update ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities to version 1.0.0005(Utilities section)

    http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=252&m=G73Jh&os=30&hashedid=8je5Ot4HBnKOdT81

    Download the driver and copy it to a folder on your desktop. Write down the path to the folder. If the driver has been zipped you will need to right click on the file and extract to your folder.

    Next type Device Manager in the Search box above the Start button and press ENTER. Locate and right click on the device and select Properties. Click on the Driver tab and the Update Driver button. Click on “Browse my computer for driver” and click the Browse button. Type in the Search box the file path to your folder and click on Next. The system should find the driver in your folder and update. If it does not find the driver recheck that the driver is not zipped.

    [Problem Devices]

    Device PNP Device ID Error Code       

    Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter        {5D624F94-8850-40C3-A3FA-A4FD2080BAF3}\VWIFIMP\5&364D5ECF&0&01        This device is disabled.

    Type Device Manager in the Search box above the Start button and press ENTER. Locate and right click on the device and click on Uninstall in the drop down list. Restart your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T18:36:09+00:00

    Freezes are getting more constant with my computer. Everything will just freeze and sometimes the audio gets stuck in a continuous loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-09-29T18:35:07+00:00

    My computer is an Asus G73Jh. These are my drivers, http://sdrv.ms/16CaY5z. My system logs, http://sdrv.ms/16CbDUx. My application logs, http://sdrv.ms/16CbJeS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments