KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-06T22:36:43+00:00

    Longevity - each WD drive benefits from a range of WD technologies to ensure quieter, cooler and longer operation.

    Source: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-WD10JPVX-Internal-Drive/dp/B00C9TEBJQ/ref=sr\_1\_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1381098349&sr=1-1&keywords=wd10jpvx

    When did you purchase the drive ?

    In the UK it was first available from Amazon on 10 April 2013 and there are only two reviews.

    I suggest you see what results HD Tune provide:

    http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

    Select HD Tune not HD Tune Pro. You need to scroll down the page to see the HD Tune freeware link.

    When you have installed click on the Info tab and select the drive you want in the box located top left using the scroll bar. What are the Supported and Active details displayed in the bottom right corner of the window? Also what is the temperaure top of the window?

    Next click on the Health tab and check that each item listed has a an OK Status. Don't forget to use the scroll bar to see the bottom part of the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-06T20:17:46+00:00

    Its my new 1 TB WD Blue Drive and yes I'm sure its not a fan.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-06T19:51:32+00:00

    Which of the two drives is noisy? Are sure it is the drive and not a fan?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-06T19:12:51+00:00

    I have updated and installed the recommended programs to see if they will help. Thank you for all the responses aswell. I shall wait and see if the problem persists and respond back if anything new comes up. Another quick question though, what do you think it is when my HDD makes a whirring noise when I'm using it and freezes for a second or two?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-06T15:18:06+00:00

    From the Windows Upgrade Advisor report:

    Acronis Disk Director Suite version 10.0.2160 Paid update required. This version of the program will not work on Windows 7. Get an update to a compatible version

    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/

    How often and for what do you use Acronis Disk Director? It could well be that this is the software causing your problems. I removed it and now use a freeware alternative:

    http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Monitor version 1.0.115.11. Update available. We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program. Get an update to a compatible version.

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19105#help

    CyberLink PowerDirector version 7.0.2605. Free update available. We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program. Get an update to a compatible version.

    Look to see if Power2Go 9 Essential meets your needs?

    http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product/power2go/enu/9/Essential/essential-static.jsp

    There are some other entries you should review.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments