KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-08T08:50:29+00:00

    Download the Intel Solid State Drive Toolbox:

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455&lang=eng

    Check the drive health and check the firmware version and whether there is a firmware update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-08T00:55:20+00:00

    The Supported detail is UDMA Mode 6 (Ultra ATA/133)

    The Active detail is UDMA Mode 6 (Ultra ATA/133)

    Temperature is 36 degrees celsius

    Also, my windows drive does not show up even when selected. The temperature and health info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-07T22:28:10+00:00

    I suggest you see what results HD Tune provide:

    http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

    Select HD Tune not HD Tune Pro. You need to scroll down the page to see the HD Tune freeware link.

    When you have installed click on the Info tab and select the drive you want in the box located top left using the scroll bar. What are the Supported and Active details displayed in the bottom right corner of the window? Also what is the temperaure top of the window?

    Next click on the Health tab and check that each item listed has a an OK Status. Don't forget to use the scroll bar to see the bottom part of the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-07T20:24:06+00:00

    Also, received another BSOD today with the same results afterwards. BIOS could not detect my Windows drive so I had to take out the new drive and then start up so BIOS can detect the Windows drive. Afterwards I plugged the new one back in and everything is running fine. I was not sure about the error code for this BSOD since I was not the one at the computer but I think its the same one. Also, both my Windows and new drive are marked active is there anything wrong with that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-07T19:31:41+00:00

    I bought the first one on September 1st then asked for a refund not too long after that since I thought the first time I was experiencing troubles was just a bad drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments