KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-22T17:24:42+00:00

    Hello Satfish, what made me try to apply this hotfix though was my laptop is experiencing one of those errors. This is a new 1 tb harddrive that I just bought and installed. I know its not the drive itself having problems since I ordered a replacement to make sure and ran scans.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-22T16:28:22+00:00

    Hello Nyaoms,

    1.       What made you to apply this hotfix to install this hotfix?

    2.       Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?

    This hotfix is to fix one of the following issues:

    •You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

    •The computer has a large Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disk. For example, the size of the SATA hard disk is 1 terabyte.

    •You put your computer to sleep state or into hibernation.

    •You try to resume the computer from sleep or from hibernation.

    In this scenario, you receive one of the following Stop error messages:

    -   STOP 0x0000007A

    -   STOP 0x00000077

    -   STOP 0x000000F4

    When you resume a computer from sleep or from hibernation, the SATA hard disk drivers require the SATA hard disks to be ready within 10 seconds. However, a large SATA hard disk may take longer than 10 seconds to be ready. In this situation, the resume operation times out.

    Reply with more information regarding the issue to provide you better solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments