KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-05T07:34:28+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-05T07:08:32+00:00

    For me to read your Autoruns file it needs to have a txt file extension. Select File, Save, change the “Save as type” to Text file type using the Scroll to the right and click Save. Please upload the file to your Sky Drive as a shared file and post as a link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-04T23:04:13+00:00

    Here is the list of programs that load at boot, http://sdrv.ms/1hqWAfF. The physical memory dump has also been failing for all the new BSOD. I don't know if thats sometimes because the Windows drive was not detected or some other error. It always has the same error code though, 0x010. I've been getting many application errors aswell where it can't read or write to a certain part of the hard drive because of an I/O error 0x0c56. I scanned both drives extensively though and still nothing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-03T11:20:41+00:00

    I recommend that you run Disk CleanUp or cCleaner to remove temporary files as this will reduce scanning times by security software.

    Boot the computer to safe mode with networking and download and install Malwarebytes (freeware version for home users only), update definitions and run in normal mode. Disable other security software whilst you are doing scans.

    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes\_free

    http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/21892442-Should-I-scan-with-Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-in-Safe-Mode-

    Download and run SuperAntiSpyware (Free Edition)

    http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

    Please upload the latest dump file to your Sky Drive.

    I would like to see what loads when you boot. To identify what loads when you boot use Autoruns (freeware from Microsoft).

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

    With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. If you uncheck you can recheck to re-enable the item. It is a much safer approach than editing the Registry and better than using msconfig.

    A useful feature of the programme is that you can right click an item and select Search Online to get information about the item selected.

    A useful guide:

    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/analyze\_all\_autorun\_auto-start\_programs\_in\_windows.cfm

    Select File, Save, change the “Save as type” to Text file type using the Scroll to the right and click Save. Please upload the file to your Sky Drive as a shared file and post as a link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-02T21:51:47+00:00

    The windows drive will not show up in BIOS aswell and the only way to get my computer to recognize it is what I did in my response above. All memory dumps are still failing aswell with a 0x010 error

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments