Also, before it gave me the WerFault.exe error I recieved a Windows Explorer has stopped working message.
KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.
Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help
Original title: Update Problems
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2013-10-02T21:12:46+00:00 -
Anonymous
2013-10-02T21:10:11+00:00 System Information: http://sdrv.ms/GzPFpb
System logs: http://sdrv.ms/GzPIRT
Application logs: http://sdrv.ms/GzPLNs
I recieved another WerFault.exe error though after the Stop: 0x0F4. It said the reference memory at a location on my drive could not be written because of an I/O error. Then it gave me the option to terminate the program. I just waited and my system tried to reboot on its own but I recieved bootmngr is missing screen. I fixed this like I always do by removing the new drive and letting my windows drive boot up first then plugging it back in. Could this mean a bad motherboard or is there anyway for the new drive to conflict with my windows drive?
-
Anonymous
2013-10-02T09:59:42+00:00 Please provide a fresh copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.
Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.
To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.
-
Anonymous
2013-10-02T06:47:32+00:00 I have updated the drivers and disabled the one that was needed to be, but just today I experienced another BSOD with the Stop: 0x0F4 error. Seems like certain programs on my taskbar will exit out randomly aswell.
-
Anonymous
2013-09-30T00:54:19+00:00 Thankyou, I shall give it a try. I recieved another BSOD with the Stop: 0x0F4 error today, but before that a dialog box popped up saying WerFault.exe- Application Error saying the memory could not be written or something along those lines. I did not have enough time to write down the error, but I have disabled the program to see it would help. Directly after when I booted up my machine again and left it there it froze while I was away.