KB977178 update is not applicable to your machine.

Anonymous
2013-09-22T04:30:34+00:00

Hello, I recently dl a hotfix from Microsoft, here is the linkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/977178/en-us. I dl the version for my machine which is a Windows 7 x64 based one but when I tried to apply the fix it says, "This update is not applicable to your machine". Please help

Original title: Update Problems

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-27T06:41:09+00:00

    did you try the steps from this link?

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/windows-7-64-bit-bsod-stop-error-0x0f4-fixed/f4a12a56-30d9-492e-9ed1-3a2504feb5a7

    try to copy the registry from another computer and check as mentioned by "Forest Brook"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-12T05:07:10+00:00

    Computer freezes starting up again and it just recently gave me a Bad Image Error but I did not have enough time to write down the full error. After all these errors though will finally BSOD and give me the Stop: 0x0f4 error. And all memory dumps still failing with the 0x10 error. 

    My System logs: http://sdrv.ms/GT11Fe

    Application logs: http://sdrv.ms/GT10Ry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments