Hi,
I had the same problem.
However, I was able to delete pdf's by hitting Shift+Delete keys.
Be aware that using particular key combination will delete your files permanently!
Good luck!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I try to delete a pdf file, the computer starts but then a message appears that "the action cannot be completed beacause the file is open in another programme".
However I do not believe that it actually is. I have unistalled the w.8 reader app so that cannot be it.
I only have had the laptop for two months now and it has been covered with the free norton antivirus all the time, so I think
it'd be unlikely that there is malware on the laptop.
Does anyone have an idea what may cause it and how I can solve?
Thanks a lot!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
I had the same problem.
However, I was able to delete pdf's by hitting Shift+Delete keys.
Be aware that using particular key combination will delete your files permanently!
Good luck!
Right charm>Settings>PC Settings>General> Advanced Boot
Boot to safe mode
Does it still happen?
If so, right click file>properties>security tab>advanced>change owner to your username
then apply and ok
try again
Hello Mace,
Thank you for the reply.
I appreciate your concern.
I would suggest you to update Windows 8 to 8.1 to fix the bugs.
Refer this article:
Update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorial
Thank you
Ha, that's an awesome bug...
Be sure to mark your post as answered too, thanks for the tidbit of info, I think I may have come across this Windows bug too
Its a Windows Bug. I never use to have this problem and now I do. The only thing that has changed is my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. If I hold down the shift+Delete the file gets deleted. But it does not go to the trash can. So if you make a mistake there is no retrieving the file once this is done.
Just chalk it up to the many, many, bugs Microsoft needs to fix in their Desktop OS. Don't even get me started on the issues with Windows 10 or Windows 10 Mobile. Riddled with issues. I am a dedicated Microsoft user, I just wish for once they would take the time to release a product that their users can be proud to use. A product that can be bragged about. I can't remember the last time I was able to say that Microsoft really did a good job at the design and implementation of an OS, and its been even worse with their Mobile development. 2 thumbs down!!!