Get error code 0x80070002 when try to install apps from Windows 8 app store

Anonymous
2012-12-06T18:41:17+00:00

When I try to install apps from the windows 8 apps store I keep getting a error code 0x80070002. I have a Lenovo Laptop computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-06T22:12:55+00:00

I had this problem and I searched and searched for a fix. What finally worked for me was creating a new account, not using the account that the store set up.

  1. Make a new accont with a different email address and
  2.  then move all the information you have from your first account to the new account.
  3. Then delete the first account and create another account with the first email.
  4. Once you do that move all the programs and files back into that account and delete the account with the different email address.

This is what worked for me. It was very involved but doing it this way doesn't reset your desktop settings and such. You might want to search for the exact fix I described above because I did it back in February and I'm not sure I related all the steps correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-07-12T11:39:57+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-27T09:28:22+00:00

    Method 1:

    Try resetting the cache for Store:

    a)      Press Windows logo key + R

    b)      Type “wsreset.exe” on run windows and press enter.

    This worked for me. Thanks.

    I tried this and went to reinstall Music Maker Jam and got the same error code. Anyone have any other ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-11T20:59:13+00:00

    I posted that last reply 2 weeks ago and got no reply. All I want is to reinstall the app so I can get back to using it. This isn't the first time a reply like that has gone unanswered. I've seen it happen a lot in these forums. I would have expected more from such a wealthy company like Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-12T08:53:32+00:00

    Same problem - talked with support and they want to charge me for more support. I declined as I don't think it is my laptop as I have tried 3 different ones. It seems to be in the store accounts. I am frustrated because I have paid for apps that I can't install. I have tried all the fixes except the new account one as I only have 1 emails address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments