Get error code 0x80070002 when try to install apps from Windows 8 app store

Anonymous
2012-12-06T18:41:17+00:00

When I try to install apps from the windows 8 apps store I keep getting a error code 0x80070002. I have a Lenovo Laptop computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-06T22:12:55+00:00

I had this problem and I searched and searched for a fix. What finally worked for me was creating a new account, not using the account that the store set up.

  1. Make a new accont with a different email address and
  2.  then move all the information you have from your first account to the new account.
  3. Then delete the first account and create another account with the first email.
  4. Once you do that move all the programs and files back into that account and delete the account with the different email address.

This is what worked for me. It was very involved but doing it this way doesn't reset your desktop settings and such. You might want to search for the exact fix I described above because I did it back in February and I'm not sure I related all the steps correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-05T00:55:23+00:00

    I'm following along here and I get the same thing only I have 3 directories under VCLibs and 5 directories under WinJS. There is nothing in these directories and no place to put the command.

    I have the same problem only I can open the Win Store but not most of the default apps. IE opens, Photos opens, everything else, no go. I can't open PC settings to do a refresh or reset. My open option at this point is to back everything up, re-install Win 8 clean and re-install all third party programs and apps. I'm trying to aviod that if I can but I've been working on this now for 4 days with no luck. Have followed every protocol given but still have a Win 7 machine. A driver upgrade for my NVidia GeForce GT 630 card corrupted the WinStore cache and I can't fix it, even with the WSreset and app diagnosis tool. I just can't believ MS has screwed the pooch this badly. I have a friend who will not upgrade to Win 8.1 because everytime he updates a driver or program, it screws up his Metro/Modern interface. I only wish he had told me this before I updated. Any help is agreatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-05T01:02:49+00:00

    This is what I'm getting at the command prompt.

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]

    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd "\program files\windowsapps"

    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps>dir *VCLibs*

     Volume in drive C has no label.

     Volume Serial Number is 9811-E7F5

     Directory of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

    02/02/2013  05:20 AM    <DIR>          Microsoft.VCLibs.110.00_11.0.51106.1_x86_

    _8wekyb3d8bbwe

    10/29/2013  05:36 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00.Preview.Internal_

    12.0.20222.2_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    10/29/2013  03:49 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x86_

    _8wekyb3d8bbwe

                   0 File(s)              0 bytes

                   3 Dir(s)  57,702,350,848 bytes free

    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps>dir *WinJS*

     Volume in drive C has no label.

     Volume Serial Number is 9811-E7F5

     Directory of C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

    08/15/2013  07:36 AM    <DIR>          Microsoft.WinJS.1.0_1.0.9200.20789_neutra

    l__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    10/29/2013  05:36 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.Preview.Internal_1.0.

    9385.3_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    10/29/2013  03:51 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.WinJS.2.0.Preview_1.0.9431.0_ne

    utral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    10/29/2013  03:49 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.WinJS.2.0_1.0.9600.16408_neutra

    l__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    04/03/2014  12:23 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.WinJS.2.0_1.0.9600.17018_neutra

    l__8wekyb3d8bbwe

    10/29/2013  03:53 PM    <DIR>          Microsoft.WinJS.Preview.1_1.0.9345.0_neut

    ral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

                   0 File(s)              0 bytes

                   6 Dir(s)  57,702,350,848 bytes free

    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments