Get error code 0x80070002 when try to install apps from Windows 8 app store

Anonymous
2012-12-06T18:41:17+00:00

When I try to install apps from the windows 8 apps store I keep getting a error code 0x80070002. I have a Lenovo Laptop computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-06T22:12:55+00:00

I had this problem and I searched and searched for a fix. What finally worked for me was creating a new account, not using the account that the store set up.

  1. Make a new accont with a different email address and
  2.  then move all the information you have from your first account to the new account.
  3. Then delete the first account and create another account with the first email.
  4. Once you do that move all the programs and files back into that account and delete the account with the different email address.

This is what worked for me. It was very involved but doing it this way doesn't reset your desktop settings and such. You might want to search for the exact fix I described above because I did it back in February and I'm not sure I related all the steps correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-14T13:15:20+00:00

    Open command prompt (admin)

    paste this command without the quote "Powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml"

    After that, run WSReset.exe

    Then try updating 1 app at a time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-06T21:52:29+00:00

    For what it is worth the way I solved this was by reinstalling Windows 8.1 over my existing installation, and kept all settings.  It was the only thing that worked for me, I tried everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-06T20:26:18+00:00

    Method 1:

    Try resetting the cache for Store:

    a)      Press Windows logo key + R

    b)      Type “wsreset.exe” on run windows and press enter.

    This worked for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-12-13T17:00:05+00:00

    The problem I experience with this solution is that now the desktop signin is confused with my old email address while my store has a different email address sign in.  After I delete the original email (thinking it was just for the store), I can still sign in my desktop but I can no longer access the store.  At least I was able to go inside the store before I delete the account.  And there is nowhere in the store allows me to change the email address.  I went to settings, click on that, and  my screen just went to a solid gray color blank (but not lock nor death screen).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments