Get error code 0x80070002 when try to install apps from Windows 8 app store

Anonymous
2012-12-06T18:41:17+00:00

When I try to install apps from the windows 8 apps store I keep getting a error code 0x80070002. I have a Lenovo Laptop computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-06T22:12:55+00:00

I had this problem and I searched and searched for a fix. What finally worked for me was creating a new account, not using the account that the store set up.

  1. Make a new accont with a different email address and
  2.  then move all the information you have from your first account to the new account.
  3. Then delete the first account and create another account with the first email.
  4. Once you do that move all the programs and files back into that account and delete the account with the different email address.

This is what worked for me. It was very involved but doing it this way doesn't reset your desktop settings and such. You might want to search for the exact fix I described above because I did it back in February and I'm not sure I related all the steps correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-04T09:13:26+00:00

    i keep getting system cannot find specified path:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-08T13:56:59+00:00

    Hi,

    After checking on my Windows 8.1 32 bits VM I can confirm that folder c:\program files\windowsapps does exist. However it is hidden so it won't appear when you perform a simple dir.

    You must type the following command :

    cd "\program files\windowsapps"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-06T09:39:43+00:00

    Hi,

    I'll check tonight when I could reach my Windows 8.1 32 bits VM.

    One very important thing : the paths mentioned above are valid for french Windows only, seems that it is not the case for other ones.

    So here's the generic procedure to go :

    Using an administrator CMD, go to c:\program files\windowsapps, and perform the following commands :

    dir *VCLibs*

    dir *WinJS*

    Now for each of the items returned by these commands, enter the following command (still as admin) :

    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register 'c:\program files\windowsapps**<module_name>**\AppxManifest.xml'

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments