Get error code 0x80070002 when try to install apps from Windows 8 app store

Anonymous
2012-12-06T18:41:17+00:00

When I try to install apps from the windows 8 apps store I keep getting a error code 0x80070002. I have a Lenovo Laptop computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-06T22:12:55+00:00

I had this problem and I searched and searched for a fix. What finally worked for me was creating a new account, not using the account that the store set up.

  1. Make a new accont with a different email address and
  2.  then move all the information you have from your first account to the new account.
  3. Then delete the first account and create another account with the first email.
  4. Once you do that move all the programs and files back into that account and delete the account with the different email address.

This is what worked for me. It was very involved but doing it this way doesn't reset your desktop settings and such. You might want to search for the exact fix I described above because I did it back in February and I'm not sure I related all the steps correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-17T22:45:00+00:00

    Come on Microsoft, get a fix sorted for this. I personally would like to get rid of 8.1 and just go back to win 8

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-14T18:08:36+00:00

    Any chance there's a fix without having to reinstall Win8?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-12T21:56:45+00:00

    That makes sense. I am sure it is when win 8.1 came out that all this started. I have a lot of back up to do before I try that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-12T09:29:24+00:00

    I had to completely re-install Win 8. I know it's a pain, but that is what I had to do because I couldn't even get to the Change PC Settings dialog. I went to the Windows folder and found the ESD file and re-installed from there. It did a clean install and I have to put everything back in but it works fine now. I didn't , repeat, I didn't install the win 8.1 update as that is what corrupted my machine in the first palce and has corrupted everyone's machine I have talked to about this. I'm sticking with just win 8 until the new OS comes out. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments