Get error code 0x80070002 when try to install apps from Windows 8 app store

Anonymous
2012-12-06T18:41:17+00:00

When I try to install apps from the windows 8 apps store I keep getting a error code 0x80070002. I have a Lenovo Laptop computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-06T22:12:55+00:00

I had this problem and I searched and searched for a fix. What finally worked for me was creating a new account, not using the account that the store set up.

  1. Make a new accont with a different email address and
  2.  then move all the information you have from your first account to the new account.
  3. Then delete the first account and create another account with the first email.
  4. Once you do that move all the programs and files back into that account and delete the account with the different email address.

This is what worked for me. It was very involved but doing it this way doesn't reset your desktop settings and such. You might want to search for the exact fix I described above because I did it back in February and I'm not sure I related all the steps correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T19:56:36+00:00

    Still having the same problem.  I can't install any Apps from the Windows store. I even called MS support and the answer I got was that the servers were down.  6 weeks later- still not able download anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T19:31:54+00:00

    Did you solve this issue? Having the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-28T08:02:12+00:00

    I have tried all of these things and refreshed the PC and still no luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-07T08:47:21+00:00

    Hi Rosemary,

    Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums.

    As I understand that you have an issue with installing apps from the store: I will guide you with this.

    Have you made any changes to the computer?

    Are you getting error message only for particular app or other apps as well?

    I would suggest you to try resetting the cache for store and check:

    Method 1:

    Try resetting the cache for Store:

    a)      Press Windows logo key + R

    b)      Type “wsreset.exe” on run windows and press enter.

    Method 2:

    I would also suggest you run the Modern UI App troubleshooter and check.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

    Method 3:

    What to do if you have problems with an app

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

    Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply. I would be glad to assist you further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments