Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter and windows 8. Wifi connection problems

Anonymous
2013-05-13T21:59:31+00:00

HI, I have an ASUS n56vj with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter and windows 8. It doesnt connect with my home network wi fi, but my other devices work perfectly with it, with perfect sign. Why doesnt this one, what do I do? I have already installed latest version of the drivers provided by asus

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-14T16:25:23+00:00

Hi Daniela,

It looks like there is something in the network which is blocking the device to get connected. So I would suggest you to go through the article and check for the exact issue.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-connect-to-a-network

Why can’t I find a wireless network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-find-wireless-network

If you have any third party software installed on the computer, you can try disabling the anti-virus software and check.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Reference:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Do let us know about the results. We would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-05-26T11:18:28+00:00

Thanks this is a great suggestion for me since I also have a new ASUS computer. For many reasons, removing the ASUS Power4Gear application has helped, WiFi and processor speeds and congestion. The service was always running and activities were constant making those "helpful adjustment" to power settings. Once removed, I just went back to the actual MS pre-programmed power plans.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-22T04:44:51+00:00

    If your Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter cant see the N router, it is because the router is broadcasting at 5Ghz. I had the same problem and once I changed the router to use the 2.4 Ghz band it connected just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-05T13:59:28+00:00

    HI there - I had the exact problem with my new ASUS Vivobook 400 CA with same wireless adaptor. I am using an old ZyXel wireless router.

    Problem instantly solved by updating the firmware for the router. Mine was from 2007 and the update fixed everything. Now compatible with Windows 8! Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-13T19:52:41+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem on my ASUS X450jf laptop which has qualcomm atheros ar9485wb-eg wifi combo adapter. OS is windows 8 64bit. I tried above all solutions & nothing worked. But my Toshiba laptop is working fine. It has qualcomm atheros ar956x wifi adapter. Problem seems to be the wifi adapter but i am not sure until i try different OS in my ASUS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments