Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter and windows 8. Wifi connection problems

Anonymous
2013-05-13T21:59:31+00:00

HI, I have an ASUS n56vj with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter and windows 8. It doesnt connect with my home network wi fi, but my other devices work perfectly with it, with perfect sign. Why doesnt this one, what do I do? I have already installed latest version of the drivers provided by asus

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-14T16:25:23+00:00

Hi Daniela,

It looks like there is something in the network which is blocking the device to get connected. So I would suggest you to go through the article and check for the exact issue.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-connect-to-a-network

Why can’t I find a wireless network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-find-wireless-network

If you have any third party software installed on the computer, you can try disabling the anti-virus software and check.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Reference:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Do let us know about the results. We would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-05-26T11:18:28+00:00

Thanks this is a great suggestion for me since I also have a new ASUS computer. For many reasons, removing the ASUS Power4Gear application has helped, WiFi and processor speeds and congestion. The service was always running and activities were constant making those "helpful adjustment" to power settings. Once removed, I just went back to the actual MS pre-programmed power plans.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-06T18:35:22+00:00

    Microsoft needs to get off their butt own up to this connectivity problem and fix the problem.  In a world of mobility and wireless connectivity how can Windows honestly release a product or update that cripples wireless network connections randomly and frequently.

    It is totally absurd for Microsoft to continue trying to blame the wifi interruptions / disconnects on other hardware and software manufacturers and user error.  I have been researching this problem for more then 2 months and there are complaint threads for numerous wireless network adapter cards and computer manufacturers.  Sadly I have had to appologies to several friends and family members using, Dell, Sam-sung and ASUS computers (all brand new) and running windows 8 or updated to 8.1.  I recommend they migrate to windows 8 as I had for a time had a good experience; for more then 2 months this wifi disconnect has troubled me and every person I know using windows 8 with a wifi connection.

    I had planned to migrate to a common platform for phone tablet and computer products and I had hoped that my new OS would be Windows 8.x.  That is not going to happen when Microsoft cannot get their flagship mobile products to work correctly and even worse seems to just want to deny the problem is theirs.  "If your client cannot use your product, no matter the reason, your product is broken!"  Thats a fact not and arguement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-10T11:27:24+00:00

    It was same for me. But, first I uninstalled driver and after I installed latest driver and problem solved. Installing latest driver  Without uninstall older, didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-11-07T19:01:04+00:00

    mmmm so then I don't have a good idea about u'r problem. May be u'r router is 5Mhz and this wifi adaptoe is 2.4Ghz. If you tried all above  solutions then you have two choice. Change OS or change wifi card. That's all in this world left to try.

    thanks...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments