Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter and windows 8. Wifi connection problems

Anonymous
2013-05-13T21:59:31+00:00

HI, I have an ASUS n56vj with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter and windows 8. It doesnt connect with my home network wi fi, but my other devices work perfectly with it, with perfect sign. Why doesnt this one, what do I do? I have already installed latest version of the drivers provided by asus

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-14T16:25:23+00:00

Hi Daniela,

It looks like there is something in the network which is blocking the device to get connected. So I would suggest you to go through the article and check for the exact issue.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-connect-to-a-network

Why can’t I find a wireless network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-find-wireless-network

If you have any third party software installed on the computer, you can try disabling the anti-virus software and check.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Reference:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Do let us know about the results. We would be happy to help you further.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-05-26T11:18:28+00:00

Thanks this is a great suggestion for me since I also have a new ASUS computer. For many reasons, removing the ASUS Power4Gear application has helped, WiFi and processor speeds and congestion. The service was always running and activities were constant making those "helpful adjustment" to power settings. Once removed, I just went back to the actual MS pre-programmed power plans.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-28T22:05:40+00:00

    I have the same problem I purchased a netcomm NB16DG modem router and I thought I would never get it to consistently connect to my router wifi..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-24T16:48:03+00:00

    I've had network issues with two laptops with the same network adapter while everything else on the network with different operating systems and portable devices have no problems.

    I put a power line wifi extender in the network and when i tried to join it it said limited but no other devices had any issues with it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-17T10:40:24+00:00

    that's 100% true.... I did the same thing with my ASUS X450JF

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments