Forgotten Nokia Lumia 920 Lockscreen Password

Anonymous
2013-03-03T00:50:02+00:00

Hello!

Today I changed my lockscreen password and now I can't remember it. Is there any way to remove the password without hard resetting the device? If not, how do I perform a hard reset without voiding my warranty. Thank you!

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-03T10:21:03+00:00

There is a reset method to restore the phone to factory defaults in case you have forgotten your pass code.

Make sure the charger is disconnected.

  1. Switch the power Off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if successful an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen. Then input Keysin the following order:

1. Volume up

2. Volume down

3. Power

4. Volume down

The phone will now reset and boot up automatically into an out of the box condition and restored to factory defaults. (Credit to user CJlim for finding this reset).

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-22T04:42:04+00:00

    I was a little worried when some people here said the turning gears spun forever!

    and that this method only worked on Windows 7 Phone!

    But WOW! rayhipkiss!! UKA!! And you proved them all wrong!

    Your method worked without a glitch on my Windows 8 Nokia Lumia Verizon 822,

    and it took less than 5 minutes!

    I bow before your infinite wisdom and kindness!

    :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-22T04:44:50+00:00

    Well guess what paulheu...you are completely, totally, infinitely DEAD WRONG! This reset DOES WORK!

    I just used the rayhipkiss method to bypass the password enabled lock screen and reset my WINDOWS 8 Nokia Lumia Verizon 822!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-22T07:02:43+00:00

    @Farby,

    Hard Reset : Press Power + Volume(down) + Camera keys until the phone vibrates Then release the power button but keep the volume and camera keys pressed down for another 5 seconds.

    Yes the above procdure for Hard reset works in wp8!..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-21T14:08:54+00:00

    PLease help me, I did rest my phone, and the  two cogs spining around for about 9 hours already, when they will stop, and how I do it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments