Forgotten Nokia Lumia 920 Lockscreen Password

Anonymous
2013-03-03T00:50:02+00:00

Hello!

Today I changed my lockscreen password and now I can't remember it. Is there any way to remove the password without hard resetting the device? If not, how do I perform a hard reset without voiding my warranty. Thank you!

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-03T10:21:03+00:00

There is a reset method to restore the phone to factory defaults in case you have forgotten your pass code.

Make sure the charger is disconnected.

  1. Switch the power Off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if successful an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen. Then input Keysin the following order:

1. Volume up

2. Volume down

3. Power

4. Volume down

The phone will now reset and boot up automatically into an out of the box condition and restored to factory defaults. (Credit to user CJlim for finding this reset).

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-04T06:02:14+00:00

    Thats great and thankful

    TINA

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-25T19:48:52+00:00

    Thank you its verry helpfull

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-26T00:29:51+00:00

    Configuracao familia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-21T18:22:49+00:00

    Today I changed my lockscreen password and now I can't remember it. Is there any way to remove the password without hard resetting the device? If not, how do I perform a hard reset without voiding my warranty. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments