I need a windows 7 disc. My eMachine came without one.. Getting this error: "There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application"

Anonymous
2013-05-05T23:55:55+00:00

I need a win 7 disc. Either full disc or restart disc. I cannot even start my computer. Continually get "Setup is starting services".  another window opes saying "Install Windows - There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application". This keeps coming up continually.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-13T22:14:07+00:00

Hello Steve,

Assuming that you were able to burn the Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD, that is your "Boot Media".  What may be happening is that your first boot device - the device your computer boots from - is not your DVD drive.

To get around this, reboot your computer and as you do press and hold the F12 key. That will bring up a menu that will allow you to select the DVD burner (player) as your first boot device. Select that, insert your DVD, and press any key to start the installation process.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,

BearPup

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T20:20:38+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    OK, not a problem per se, I'm just trying to keep it all straight! So you definitely got hit by something - a Trojan, or drive-by, or virus, or whatever. But clearly it has to go.

    Lets give BootMed a try, its a live CD so it doesn't require an installation, you burn the image to a CD (IMGburn is fine for that), put it in your machine and run it, focusing on the antivirus and antimalware programs.

    Give that a try and see how you fare. Post back here with your results.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T19:21:09+00:00

    Sorry for the confusion again. The Pentium 3 is borrowed from my son. I am trying to repair an eMachines EL1360G UW12PHDMI with Windows 7. A 500gb hard drive. AMD E-300 dual core processor, .2gb DDR3 memory.

    All the information I sent you with the test results is from this machine.

    =============================================

    Let me explain what happened just before the computer crashed. This is what caused the problem. I was on-line watching a Video when a page came up saying

    "I was watching an unauthorized copyright material. your machine will be locked up until you pay the $300.00 fine". then my screen went black and that was the last time may machine worked. I know or I don't beleave law enforcemet uses this this kind of material. So mI believe I have a Trojan on my system.

    Again, sorry for the confusion.

    Have A Blessed Day

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T19:01:07+00:00

    I will try to clear up the confusion. When I checked the CD Drive on this computer I borrowed from my son, it said CD Drive, I downloaded the IMGBurn file, I just took a chance and tried to burn the ISO File. I am just as confused as you. The file burned.

    I downloaded the BootMed file and will burn it today. I will keep up with you, I am going to burn the BootMed file and then I will let you know the results.

    Have A Blessed Day.

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-18T07:07:40+00:00

    Hello,

    Yes, the process is the same. The download link for the ISO file you want is here: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-24280.iso .

     

    Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

     

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Hi BearPup

    Thanks for the very quick information.

    I'll let you know how I get on.

    Regards

    Luddite1965

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments