I need a windows 7 disc. My eMachine came without one.. Getting this error: "There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application"

Anonymous
2013-05-05T23:55:55+00:00

I need a win 7 disc. Either full disc or restart disc. I cannot even start my computer. Continually get "Setup is starting services".  another window opes saying "Install Windows - There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application". This keeps coming up continually.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-13T22:14:07+00:00

Hello Steve,

Assuming that you were able to burn the Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD, that is your "Boot Media".  What may be happening is that your first boot device - the device your computer boots from - is not your DVD drive.

To get around this, reboot your computer and as you do press and hold the F12 key. That will bring up a menu that will allow you to select the DVD burner (player) as your first boot device. Select that, insert your DVD, and press any key to start the installation process.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,

BearPup

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T06:55:26+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    You can certainly try to put BootMed on a flash drive (it has to be large enough). The key will be getting the computer to boot from that device. Do you know how to do that? If yes, go ahead and try it. If no, post here and I'll send you instructions.

    BTW you mentioned Valencia; are you in Spain? I'm in Vermont, USA, which could explain our different time zones! Talk with you later (bed time here).

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T05:48:58+00:00

    Hi Again,

    Seeing that I can not find the drivers for the DVD on the Pent 3, I borrowed,

    What I was talking about, was coping the BootMed file to a Flashdrive and try to boot the EL 1360G from that.

    Have A Blessed Night

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T05:40:24+00:00

    We are getting into confusion again. The DVD Drive that I can not find anymore is on the Pentium 3 that I borrowed from my son. I  tried what you said and it still did not find the drivers. I could not burn the ISO because it is on the Borrowed computer.

    The status as of this moment is: I can not burn the ISO because I can not find the DVD Drivers on the Pentium 3 computer I borrowed. I can still get into the eMachines EL 1360G, but It always comes back to: ERROR: no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. The EL 1360 does not seem to read the Repair disk I got from you.

    I will not do anything else unto I hear from you.

    ==========================================

    THIS IS JUST A Q1UESTION. DON'T LET IT CONFUSE YOU. I found a computer repair shop here in Valencia, where I can get a 500GB Hard Drive for the EL 1360G for $45.00 with a XP O/S. The repair shop will also try to save my files on the old Hard Drive for $30.00, and it may take about a week to save my files. Should I just give up on trying to Repair the EL 1360G and get the Hard Drive.

    Have A Blessed Day

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-21T21:54:34+00:00

    by continuing to install the notebook section

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments