I need a windows 7 disc. My eMachine came without one.. Getting this error: "There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application"

Anonymous
2013-05-05T23:55:55+00:00

I need a win 7 disc. Either full disc or restart disc. I cannot even start my computer. Continually get "Setup is starting services".  another window opes saying "Install Windows - There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application". This keeps coming up continually.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-13T22:14:07+00:00

Hello Steve,

Assuming that you were able to burn the Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD, that is your "Boot Media".  What may be happening is that your first boot device - the device your computer boots from - is not your DVD drive.

To get around this, reboot your computer and as you do press and hold the F12 key. That will bring up a menu that will allow you to select the DVD burner (player) as your first boot device. Select that, insert your DVD, and press any key to start the installation process.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,

BearPup

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-23T03:21:19+00:00

    I do now have access to the DVD. But, I will stick in there vwith you and, and together we will get this EL 1360G eMachines up and running. I hang in there with you. I will do nothing until I hear from you.

    Have A Blessed Day

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T23:09:41+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    This is in response to your question about buying the hard drive. I hear how tempting an offer it is for you, and you can always choose to do so at any point. Here are my concerns:

    1. Your lack of access to your DVD drive - will replacing the hard drive fix that (guaranteed?)?
    2. One year from now XP will cease to be a functioning OS (Microsoft is stopping all support for it), so at that point you will have to upgrade to something.
    3. What happens to your existing hard drive - do you get it back, and will it be clean and usable?

    If the answer to 1) is yes, guaranteed; and the answer to 2) is OK, I'll spend the extra $100 at some point to upgrade; and the answer to 3) is also yes, then I could understand your doing it. Me, I'm stubborn and want to try and fix your machine as it is. But that's me, not you. You have to do what is right for you.

    Sorry its not a black or white answer, but it is my honest view. Let me know what you decide.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T21:45:25+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    Guess I'm used to people in far-off places - I just finished helping someone in China!

    Anyway, I believe (hope) that you can use Image Burn to burn an image to the flash drive. I'm thinking that because you're using Image Burn, the imaging process is located within the program, and thus all you need to do is select the flash drive as the "target" device (the "source" device is the hard drive partition that BootMed is stored on).

    If you can't burn it to a flash drive, does it give you any other options, like burning an image to your hard drive? 'Cause if you can do that....

    Then you just need to change your Boot order to recognize the flash drive as the first boot device. That you do through the system BIOS, but I'll wait to give you those instructions till after we see if you can burn BootMed to the flash drive.

    Let me know how you fare.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T21:23:41+00:00

    I wish I were in Spain. I am in Valencia, California, about 2 miles from 6 Flags Magic Mountain. I do not know how to put the BOOTMed on a flash drive. I will wait for your instructions.

    Have A Blessed Night

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments