I need a windows 7 disc. My eMachine came without one.. Getting this error: "There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application"

Anonymous
2013-05-05T23:55:55+00:00

I need a win 7 disc. Either full disc or restart disc. I cannot even start my computer. Continually get "Setup is starting services".  another window opes saying "Install Windows - There is an error with your installation. Please reinstall the application". This keeps coming up continually.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-13T22:14:07+00:00

Hello Steve,

Assuming that you were able to burn the Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD, that is your "Boot Media".  What may be happening is that your first boot device - the device your computer boots from - is not your DVD drive.

To get around this, reboot your computer and as you do press and hold the F12 key. That will bring up a menu that will allow you to select the DVD burner (player) as your first boot device. Select that, insert your DVD, and press any key to start the installation process.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Regards,

BearPup

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-13T20:55:47+00:00

    I burned the file to a disk, and ran it. now I get this message "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key." I don't understand what is needed now. What does it mean by 'Boot Media'? if it is looking for win 7, that is what I don't have. Can you please explain.

    Have A Blessed Day

    And Thanx Again

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-12T23:08:20+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    Sorry for the delayed reply, I lost my email and I'm just now sorting it all out. So you need the Home Premium 64 Bit version of Windows, right?

    The download link for the ISO file is here:

     Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)  - X17-58997 .

    Once you've downloaded the ISO file you need to burn it to a DVD - right-click on the file name and click Burn to disc. Once you've done that you're ready to go. Just place the DVD into your DVD player and reboot the computer. The installation process is automatic and self-explanatory. Towards the end is where you'll be asked for your product key. Insert it then and you're good to go!

    Let me know if you need further details or information. Let me hear from you when your laptop is up and running!

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-05-12T02:10:18+00:00

    I am running a 64bit system. My computer crashed and I lost everyihing. I need the complete win 7 setup disk. Any help you can give will be appreciated.

    Thank you

    Steve

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-06T03:58:35+00:00

    Hello Steve,

    I presume you mean a Windows System DVD that comes with the Operating System, drivers, and Service Pack 1. Correct?

    Which version are you looking for, i.e., which one do you have the Product Key for? As well as what Bit depth you are needing, 32 or 64 Bit.

    If you would answer these questions, I will be able to assist you.

    Regards,

    BearPup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments